0116 255 5555

Retail, Manufacturing and Wholesaler policies

Package and retail policies are designed for retail and service trades that deal directly with the public, including:

• Shops, Offices and Surgeries
• Hotels & Pubs
• Restaurants & Takeaways

Manufacturing and wholesaler policies are designed for businesses occupying factories and warehouses including:

Read More

We can provide cover with all major insurers to offer you policies designed for your specific trade at competitive prices.

These policies start with material damage cover for your contents and stock, and typically include the following items as standard:

Read More

Contents, fixtures & fittings & stock
Covers the contents of your business against loss or damage from events such as fire or theft. This includes your display equipment & stands, racking & shelving, carpets and flooring, as well as the goods you sell. Seasonal increases are usually included for your stock.

This covers your shop frontage, such as fixed and special glass, awnings and signage for replacement following malicious or accidental damage.

Business Interruption
If your business has been put out of action by an insured event, such as fire or water damage, this will cover the revenue you lose while you can't trade.

Covers loss of business money either at the premises or in transit. Usually extends to include money in a safe, or at the homes of directors or employees (limits will apply).
Allsopp Kanabar - An independent commercial insurance broker based in Leicester sourcing Package, Retail, Manufacturing and Wholesalers policies.

insurance, Leicester, package, retail, manufacturing and wholesalers policies

Package, Retail, Manufacturing and Wholesalers policies sourcedby Allsopp Kanabar to help you grow your business.

Goods in Transit
Covers loss or damage to your goods whilst in transit in the UK in your own vehicle(s).

Loss of Licence
Losing your licence will normally result in a loss of trade but, under certain circumstances, you can claim some of this lost value back.

Refrigerated or Frozen Stock
Frozen or chilled foods can be covered against spoilage due to breakdown or damage to the chiller unit or failure of the electricity supply.

Employers Liability
Included up to £10m. If you have any staff, the law says you must have Employers’ Liability insurance. If an employee suffers a work-related illness or injury, your policy will cover the cost of any resulting claim.

Public Liability
Usually available up to and in excess £5m. If a customer or member of the public feels that they have been injured or that their property has been damaged whilst on your premises, this covers the cost of the compensation claim that they (or their Estate in the case of a fatality) may bring against your business.

Products Liability
Usually available up to and in excess £5m. If someone suffers injury or damage to their property caused by goods you have sold, their legal action will be against you, the retailer.

Legal Expenses
Covers legal costs including solicitor fees, barristers and expert witnesses, court costs and opponents costs if awarded against you. Cover includes employment disputes, tax investigation, contractual disputes, bodily injury and property protection.

Provides cover for the buildings that your business occupies for losses caused by such events as storm or fire. Remember to insure them for the full rebuilding cost and not just for the market value.

Theft by employees
Covers theft of contents or business money.

< >