Anyone who moves or receives goods either outside or within the UK may be at risk of losing money if the goods are damaged, stolen or not delivered.
The Terms of Sale will set out if and when you are at risk, and to what extent. If you are importing goods and the seller has arranged the insurance, remember that cover:
• May cease at the port of arrival
• May not include any distribution or storage cover or any subsequent delivery to other customers
• May not include protection for duty
• May not include protection for anticipated profit
• May not be as cost-effective as you could arrange yourself (the seller will have passed the cost on to you one way or another).
• In the event of a claim you are left dealing with an overseas insurer or their agent.
• We have access to a number of well-established and competitive markets, so if you need marine insurance we can help.